Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy end :)

[Category: Analysis]
I've already said it in my first entry and repeat it again: "Holes" by Louis Sachar fits exactly my style! Simple language, an interesting story and a successful writing style... This is the best obligatory book we've ever read in English. And be sure, I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Almost everyone in our class ackknowledges they all enjoyed reading "Holes".
First -as I've mentioned maybe three or four times- Holes' language is really clear and not hard to understand. Also the plot is created really well. There are flashbacks in the book but that doesn't hinders you understanding all the events without confusion. I think that's an important speciality which can not been managed in every book.
Especially I want to say that there are some very interesting parts in the book, which stick in my mind. For example, that part about the Warden's toxic nail polish, that was really creative! I liked it a lot.
During my whole reading time I completely enjoyed the book but there was also something that I didn't like at all. A classical happy ending, that's OK, but the final part seems to be written in a hurry after all that well-told story. Sachar says "But it would be boring to go through all the tedious details of all the changes in their lives..." [p.180] etc. and that style made me uncomfortable. However I liked the sentence "You will have to fill in the holes yourself." [p.180, l.19]
I suggest you to spend some time inside "Holes" which you'll sure enjoy.

So, happy end of the book and happy end of my reading time&journal...:)



*271 words

1 comment: